Sunday 4 January 2015

8 Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts (4)

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. sharing exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they've encountered during the week etc.)


1. First off, a very happy New Year to all of you! May 2015 bring all the best for you and your loved ones!
2. I've been sooo busy this holiday. I'm moving in two weeks and the place I'm moving to needed a LOT of work done. As in, painting of every surface and ofcourse sanding first. So, apart from Christmas and the weekend after, I spend almost every day working on this. One day I even found paint in my ear when I looked in the mirror :-O Not totally the holiday I had in mind, I feel rather tired and I have to start working again tomorrow! And it's not yet done, but two guys I hired are going to finish it for me. Here, have a picture of how the floor looked after sanding:

3. The nice thing of moving is I get to buy a lot of new things! Because I'm going to live considerably larger, I have plans to buy dining chairs, a desk, an arm chair and many other smaller things. It's great fun picking all these things out. These, for example, are the chairs I have in mind getting for my dinner table.

4. Well, because of all this being so busy I didn't have time to do the 'End of the Year meme's' I've been reading on everyone else's journal. Such a pity, because I love doing them, I love looking back at the reading and watching I've done in the past year and shout out favourites. At least I've enjoyed reading all your End of the Year musings!

5. Luckily I did have (make) time to do one really fun thing with my swordfighting group. We went to a riding school I know well, borrowed two horses and did a photo shoot with three of the group members in full costumes. The horses were at first not too fond of all these strange going on (my trainer even fell of the horse, but luckily he was fine), but we got great pictures and had a really fun afternoon.


6. As you might see, I'm sticking out like a sore thumb in my 'modern' clothes, so for the Medieval/fantasy events I hope to visit with this group in the coming summer season I ordered a Medieval gown from Etsy! I'm so looking forward to receiving it, but have to wait at least a month, because it's going to be custom made for me. Ofcourse you get a picture once I've received the dress!

7. I've not been doing a lot of reading the last few weeks, I'm still working my way through Bleak House, though I am reading other books in between. Just as a 'mini-End-of-the-Year-book-meme', in 2014 I've read 66 books and some of my favourites were A cast of stones by Patrick Carr, Cress by Marissa Meyer and Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth.

8. I've started watching the ITV miniseries The Great Fire and am enjoying it so far. It's about the Great Fire of London in 1666, a time period in history I don't know a whole lot about and it stars Andrew Buchan (aka 'always nice to watch')

That's it from my end of the world. Don't expect too much posts from me the coming two weeks, but from the beginning of February I hope to be settled and start posting more regularly again!
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Birdie! :-)

    Thank you so much for the sweet Christmas card-- that really made me happy and it was so thoughtful of you! I hope your moving plans and everything else in the next couple of weeks go well for you. God bless!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Emma, I'm glad it got to you alright and you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. I love that dress! Wow, completely gorgeous. Not frilly and silly, but beautiful -- I would love to wear it myself.

    Happy new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so lovely! And according to my quick research quite authentic too. I can't wait to see and wear it!

      Delete